Cool links this week | 26.09.28
Sep. 29th, 2026 10:24 amhttps://openintrostat.github.io/ims/
Introduction to Modern Statistics
It's always cool to see OER, especially when it's formatted so prettily.
https://untwist.github.io/bayes/bayes_interactive.html
Bayes' Theorem Interactive App
Based on 3Blue1Brown's video (linked in the link above).
https://automatetheboringstuff.com/ https://inventwithpython.com/automate3workbook/
Automate the Boring Stuff + its workbook
Again, always so cool to see OER!
https://onlinestatbook.com/2/index.html
Online Statistics Education: An Interactive Multimedia Course of Study
It's astonishing to see how long has teaching online, utilizing the possibilities offered by hypertext, been prevalent. This book is older, but a cool feature is that there's a quiz after every lesson.
https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/8-01sc-classical-mechanics-fall-2016/pages/online-textbook/
MIT OCW Classical Mechanics
I always thought of MIT as those Youtube playlists with hours-long lectures, which didn't feel so practical. Turned out I simply didn't bother to visit the actual platform and see for myself? Haha.
https://opentext.uleth.ca/apex-calculus/sec_limit_def.html
APEX Calculus - Epsilon-Delta Definition of a Limit
Another great book from (or affiliated with?) OpenIntro. This section in particular feels amazing to me because it broke down the epsilon-delta definition in such a comprehensible way to me, when I've always had such trouble with trying to understand it before.